My husband Corey made these for dinner last week. They were absolutely amazing...I ate two that night...and two more for lunch the next day...and two more for the lunch next day. They were so good and made fantastic leftovers. Plus, even Corey can make them, so you probably can too!
Baked Chicken Taquitos
adapted from Our Best Bites
Makes 12 taquitos
4 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup green salsa
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
1 green onion, sliced finely (white and green parts)
2 cups shredded cooked chicken
1 cup grated pepper jack cheese
12 small flour tortillas (6 - 8 inches)
1. Heat oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil and lightly coat with cooking spray.
2. Mix all ingredients except tortillas, cooking spray, and salt.
3. Warm up tortillas 3 - 4 at a time in the microwave for 30 seconds. Place 2 - 3 tablespoons of chicken mixture in each tortilla, roll up tightly, and place seem side down on the prepared baking sheet. Continue with remaining tortillas and chicken mixture.
4. Spray taquitos with cooking spray and sprinkle with kosher salt.
5. Place pan in oven and bake for 15-20 minutes or until crisp and the ends start to get golden brown. Serve with dipping sauce, if desired (I had some with ranch and salsa and that was great, but the next day I had them plain and I thought that was even better).