Monday, April 26, 2010

Balsamic Brown Butter Asparagus


I love asparagus. Nothing says spring to me like crispy, fresh green asparagus. It might have something to do with the fact that my grandpa had an orchard and grew asparagus in the orchard...so I grew up not only eating it (a lot) but also picking it fresh from the orchard. I thought this recipe was a WOW...and even my asparagus-hating husband said "it's not too bad." I take that as a high compliment since he normally won't even look at it, let alone taste it. If you like asparagus, definitely try it--it's great!


Balsamic Brown Butter Asparagus

1 lb. asparagus spear, washed and trimmed
cooking spray
kosher salt and fresh ground pepper
2 Tb. butter
1 -2 tsp. balsamic vinegar
1 tsp. low-sodium soy sauce

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lay asparagus in single layer on a foil-lined baking sheet. Spray with cooking spray and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until tender.
2. Meanwhile, melt the butter in a small skillet over medium heat. Cook for 3 minutes or until lightly browned, shaking pan occasionally so it doesn't burn. Make sure to watch carefully--you want it to brown, but not burn!
3. Remove butter from heat and stir in balsamic vinegar and soy sauce. Drizzle over the roasted asparagus, tossing to coat well.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

This just looks AWESOME! I made a honey balsamic roasted carrots once and the flavors are amazing. I would love the balsamic/brown butter combo.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...