Thursday, September 8, 2011

BBQ pulled pork

I wish I would have taken a picture of this but I didn't think about it!! This is the best pork recipe I have ever tasted. I got the recipe from Cody's aunt and cousin on their blog tablefornineandcounting.blogspot.com

3-4 lbs boneless pork ribs
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 cloves garlic minced
1 lg onion sliced
1/2 cup apple juice
1 bottle (15-18 oz) BBQ sauce

Lightly grease crockpot. Wash boneless ribs trimming off any excess fat. Pat dry.
Put sliced onion on bottom of crockpot. Mix dry ingredients and garlic together and rub on ribs. place ribs in crock pot then top with apple juice. Cook on low 8-9 hours, drain, shred pork. Add BBQ sauce and cook 1 more hour.

*Here are a few tips I learned last time making this. I used 2 lbs pork ribs this last time and did not reduce the rest of the recipe except for the onion (used 1/2 onion). I used a little more apple juice and it seemed to work better. I did not open the crock pot to check it and it seemed to be more moist. The BBQ sauce I used was Sweet Baby Rays Original- that's our favorite! I used approx. 1 1/4 bottles of BBQ sauce to the 2 lbs pork this time, that seemed to make it more moist and have more flavor.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...