Monday, June 8, 2009

Caramelized Salmon with Mango Salsa


When this popped up on my google reader, I immediately starred it and decided to make it ASAP. I am SO glad I didn't wait, because it is delicious! I've been wanting to make it again all week. Make it and I'm sure you'll devour it just like we did!


Caramelized Salmon with Mango Salsa
Adapted from Quick Cooking Site

Salmon
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp. kosher salt
1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
1 1/2 lb. salmon (about 6 fillets, 1/4 lb. each)

Mango Salsa
1 mango, peeled and finely diced
1/4 cup red onion, finely diced
2 Tb. finely diced green pepper
1 small jalapeno pepper, finely diced
1/4 cup cilantro, diced
1 Tb. rice vinegar
1 tsp. lime juice
1 tsp. olive oil
dash kosher salt
dash black pepper
dash garlic powder

1. Preheat grill. Combine sugar, salt, and pepper in shallow dish. Rub each salmon fillet in the sugar mixture, being sure to well coat each side. Grill over low heat for about 5-8 minutes on each side, until crispy and cooked through.
2. Meanwhile, combine all salsa ingredients and set aside.
3. Top salmon with salsa and serve with rice and grilled pineapple.

1 comment:

Lissaloo said...

Mango & Salmon- I bet that is really good!! I tried the enchiladas in the post below- YUM! Thanks for sharing :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...