Thursday, August 6, 2009

Bacon-Wrapped Chicken and Pineapple Skewers


Really, there are no words to describe these. I made them for dinner last night and they were incredible. All day at work today I could not stop thinking about them. The minute I walked in the door my husband had the leftovers warmed up and we devoured them in less than two minutes. This is one of the most delicious dinners I've ever made. And they'll definitely be made again very soon. Like tomorrow.

This recipe combines my two favorite things from the Brazilian restaurant Tucanos: bacon-wrapped turkey (I substituted chicken) and grilled pineapple. The brown sugar glaze caramelizes on the bacon and pineapple and the smoky flavor from the grill puts this over the top. Make this. Soon. You won't regret it.


Bacon-Wrapped Chicken and Pineapple Skewers

1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
1/2 - 2/3 lb. smoked bacon, cut into thirds (I like to use the pre-cooked bacon, 10-12 slices)
1 fresh pineapple, cut into 1-inch chunks
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup water
bamboo skewers

1. Preheat grill to medium-high. Soak bamboo skewers in water. Arrange work area with chicken, bacon, and pineapple. Mix brown sugar and water in small bowl and set aside.
2. Wrap one slice of bacon around one cube of chicken. Place on bamboo skewer. Alternate with pineapple chunks. Repeat until there are 3 pieces of chicken and 3 pieces of pineapple on each skewer. Repeat with remaining chicken.
3. Baste skewers with brown sugar mixture. Grill skewers for 7 - 10 minutes on each side, until bacon is crispy and chicken is cooked through, basting occasionally.
4. Serve with rice and stir fry veggies or salad.

1 comment:

Ask Amie said...

I tried your recipe and YUMMMM! I love it.. thanks for the easy but tasty recipe!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...