Saturday, May 17, 2008

chicken tomatillo stew

I made this for my family one night. Matt and Krista and I liked it. Howard does not like tamale's or limes so it wasn't for him.

Fry a large onion & garlic clove with some olive oil. Add salt, pepper, cumin and ground coriander.

Char broil about 7 tomatillos, onion, jalapeno pepper with some olive oil. When they are nice and brown chop them up discard the seeds from the pepper (unless you like it really hot). Add to other vegetables in a large pot.

Add 2 quarts chicken stock, one shredded chicken just before serving add 1 large can of hominy( I'm going to use fresh corn next time) and a bag of crushed tortilla chips.

Cook until thick, garnish with a large handful of cilantro, lime and cheese.

I got this recipe from Rachel Ray with a few modifications

1 comment:

aubrie said...

Yum, that looks really tasty! I agree that it would be better with the corn instead of the hominy...Thanks for the great recipe!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...