Pie flavored cupcakes. What could be better than pie + cupcakes? These are amazing, the picture really doesn't do them justice. I created them for a co-worker who loves banana cream pie and me who loves cupcakes. Yum!
Banana Cream Pie Cupcakes
1 pkg. yellow cake mix
1 pkg. (4 serving size) sugar free vanilla or banana cream pudding mix
4 large eggs
1 cup oil
1 tsp. vanilla
2 1/2 cups milk, divided
1 pkg. (4 serving size) banana cream pudding mix
3 cups heavy whipping cream
2-3 tsp. vanilla
1/3 cup granulated sugar
2-3 bananas, sliced
3 graham crackers, crushed
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 24 cupcake tins with cupcake papers.
2. Beat cake mix, vanilla pudding mix, eggs, oil, 1 tsp. vanilla and 1 cup milk with electric beat until combined. Beat 2 minutes. Divide mixture evenly between cupcake tins.
3. Bake cupcakes for 20 - 25 minutes. Move to cooling rack and cool completely.
4. Beat whipping cream, 2-3 tsp. vanilla, and 1/3 cup granulated sugar in bowl of large electric mixer until stiff peaks form.
5. Mix banana cream pudding mix and 1 1/2 cups milk until well blended. Fold in 1 1/2 cups of the whipped cream.
6. With pastry bag fitted with large flower end, pipe banana cream filling into cupcakes, dividing evenly between the 24 cupcakes (it's ok if it leaks out of the top of the cupcake a little).
7. Pipe whipping cream over tops of cupcakes. Top with 1 or 2 banana slices each, and sprinkle with crushed graham crackers. Serve immediately.