Monday, February 16, 2009

Stuffed French Toast


Lest you all think that all I ever make it desserts, here is a breakfast recipe! Ok, so it's sweet and delicious and could probably work as a dessert, but it's technically a breakfast food (work with me here). This recipe is perfect for adapting, the possibilities are endless!

Stuffed French Toast

12 slices french bread (sliced 1/4 - 1/2 inch thick)
1/2 cup nutella
2 bananas, thinly sliced
2 eggs
1 cup milk
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
whipped cream and berries for topping

1. In large bowl beat eggs, milk, powdered sugar, and cinnamon.
2. Spread nutella thinly on one side of each slice of bread. Top half of the bread slices with bananas, and top with another bread slice to form a "sandwich."
3. Heat large skillet over medium heat. Spray with cooking spray. Dip each sandwich into egg mixture and cook in skillet for 4-5 minutes on each side, until crisp and brown.
4. Top with berries and cream. Enjoy!

*Feel free to experiment with the fillings--raspberry cream cheese and raspberry jam are great together, as are honey nut cream cheese and bananas, thinly sliced strawberry and plain cream cheese, peanut butter and bananas or maple syrup, etc. They're also great topped with strawberry cheesecake ice cream...not that I had that for breakfast today or anything...

1 comment:

Valerie Griswold said...

I have always wanted to know how to make stuffed french toast because it is my favorite breakfast food hands down! I've just decided I'm making this for my birthday :) Yay!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...