Thursday, March 12, 2009

Homemade Brownies



I have a confession. I've only ever had two kinds of homemade brownies that I've liked. Most homemade brownies are cake-y and not chocolate-y enough. These ones are perfect: rich, fudgy, nutty, and delicious. Did I mention they're one bowl brownies? And take only minutes to make? And they stay soft and delicious for almost a week? I think I'm in love.

Baker's One-Bowl Brownies

4 oz unsweetened chocolate
3/4 cup butter (not margarine)
2 cups sugar
3 large eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup flour
1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 9 x 13 inch pan with cooking spray.
2. In large glass bowl heat chocolate & butter on high for 2 minutes. Stir until chocolate & butter are both completely melted. Add sugar and mix well. Add eggs and vanilla and mix well. Stir in flour and nuts until just combined.
3. Spread batter into pan. Bake for 30 - 35 minutes (do not overcook). To test doneness, insert toothpick in center, brownies are done when it comes out with fudgy crumbs. Cool completely, cut and serve. Makes 24 servings.

3 comments:

Sara said...

Yum! Homemade brownies are the best!

Amy said...

yum!

Bugaboo said...

I made these on Saturday. They were both easy and absolutely the best homemade-fudgey brownies E-VER! Thanks! :o)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...