Monday, March 31, 2008

My Favorites: Brownie Mix

Matt has "The Essentials," so I thought I would start my own recurring topic called "My Favorites" where I can talk about my favorite ingredients, techniques, kitchen items, cookbooks, etc. One thing that I always have on hand is brownie mixes. I am always making treats for friends, neighbors, family, work, church gatherings, games nights, etc. Sometimes I just don't feel like spending a lot of time baking, so I like to have brownie mixes on hand. There are a million way to dress them up and make them taste extra good, or they are just great on their own too. I like to have a box of plain (chocolate fudge) brownies on hand, and I always have a box of my favorite Chocolate Chunk brownies from Pillsbury. They're pretty much heaven in a box. I recommend picking one up so you can try them out! Watch out, though. They are ridiculously addicting.

Here is my favorite variation from a basic brownies mix to make it extra delicious.

Raspberry Chocolate Chunk Brownies:
Prepare brownie mix according to directions on the back of the box. Fold in 1 cup frozen raspberries and 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chunks or chocolate chips to the batter. Bake according to directions on the box.

Note: When you bake them, make sure you add the eggs. One time I forgot and the brownies boiled in the oil in the oven. Pretty disgusting.

2 comments:

macbezz said...

I really, really like those raspberry brownies.

Mica said...

ohh me too, they are so moist and delicious!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...