Friday, March 28, 2008

Swedish Almond Tea Cake

I have been craving these for over a year and I finally got the recipe last week. I made them for a family party and they were a hit! They are kind of a like a blondie (a brownie, but not chocolate). They're delicious, I hope you enjoy them!

Swedish Almond Tea Cake (Nancy West's recipe)

1 C minus 1 Tbsp sugar
1 C minus 1 Tbsp flour
1/2 C butter (1 cube) melted
1 Tbsp almond extract (half this if you want it to be less almond-y)
2 eggs (beaten)

Mix ingredients in bowl. Pour into a 9" glass pie plate spray with pam. Sprinkle with slivered almonds and/or coconut if desired. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.

To double the recipe, bake in a 9 x 13 cake pan.
To triple the recipe, bake in a jelly roll pan.

1 comment:

Amy said...

I'm not a Bezzant, but I am reading this blog regularly because I love food. And THAT sounds gooood. I made blondies one time, and they were greeciest nastiest things I've ever seen (just an online recipe I found and hated) and I'm excited to try these instead! Thanks for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...