Thursday, October 9, 2008
For those of you that don't know what a brookie is, you're missing out. They are a layered dessert bar with brownie on the bottom and cookies on the top...and they are fantastic! This bite-size version is perfect for little kids or as munchies at a get together. The picture really doesn't do these brookies justice, but trust me, they are great!
Make 48 brookie bites
1 pkg. fudge brownie mix (for an 8" x 8" pan), prepared according to package directions.
1 pkg. refrigerated cookie dough (24 cookies), flavor of your choice
additions of your choice: peanut butter chips, butterscotch chips, caramel pieces, candy bars (chopped), coconut, nuts, etc.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spray two mini muffin pans (24 count each) with cooking spray. fill 1/2 way with brownie batter (a little under a tablespoon per muffin cup). Bake brownies for 10 minutes.
3. Place addition of your choice on top of each brownie.
4. Cut each piece of cookie dough in half (so you have 48 balls of cookie dough). Flatten cookie dough into small circles. Top each brownie with one piece of cookie dough.
5. Return to oven and bake for 10 more minutes. Let cool 5 minutes and remove from pan onto cooling rack to cool.