Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Apple Cider Cupcakes


I saw a picture of Apple Cider Cupcakes in an advertisement for a cooking class, and I haven't been able to think about anything else since. Finally, after five days of cravings I decided to come up with my own recipe...and I wasn't disappointed. They were super easy and full of flavor! Hopefully you enjoy them as well!

Apple Cider Cupcakes
1 box yellow cake mix
Eggs, water, and oil as called for in cake mix
4 packages dry apple cider mix (Alpine brand)
dash cinnamon
dash cloves
1 apple, finely chopped (granny smith is best)

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 24 - 30 cupcake pans with papers.
2. Prepare cake mix according to directions on package and add dry apple cider mix, cinnamon, and cloves. Stir in chopped apple. Pour into prepare cupcake pans, filling each 1/2 - 2/3 full.
3. Bake for 20 - 25 minutes or until cupcakes spring back when touched in the center.
4. Cool completely and frost with cream cheese frosting (below) and garnish with cinnamon.

Cream Cheese Frosting
4 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
1/4 c. butter, room temperature
3 - 4 c. powdered sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1/3 - 1/2 c. evaporated milk

Mix butter and cream cheese until smooth. Add vanilla and milk/sugar until desired consistency and mix well. If not serving immediately, be sure to refrigerate!

1 comment:

Amy said...

MMMM I can pretty much guarantee that I won't be thinking of anything else either! I love fall food....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...