Sunday, October 12, 2008

Chicken Enchilada Soup


This is one of my all-time favorite soups. I adapted it slightly from a recipe my sister-in-law Rana gave me. It makes a lot, so I'll warn you that you might want to half the recipe if you don't want to be eating it for the next two weeks.

Also...I notice that this blog is turning into the Aubrie hour...so for the rest of you out there, start posting your recipes!

Chicken Enchilada Soup
1 medium onion, chopped
1/4 cup butter
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cumin
1/2 tsp. white pepper
1/2 tsp. chili powder
1/2 tsp. chipotle chili powder
1 handful fresh cilantro, chopped
3 chicken boullion cubes
1 can black beans (drained and rinsed)
1 can diced tomatoes (undrained)
1 can corn (undrained)
1 28 oz. can green enchilada sauce (or 2 small cans)
4 cups water
3 chicken breasts, cooked and cubed

1. Saute onions in butter in an 8 quart pot. When onion is tender, add spices, boullion, and cilantro and mix well.
2. Add beans, tomatoes, corn, enchilada sauce, and water and heat to boiling.
3. Add chicken and simmer for 10 minutes.
4. Serve with grated cheese, sour cream, avocado slices, and Fritos.

1 comment:

Valerie Griswold said...

Great looking recipe! I am so making this next week!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...