Here is the recipe for one of the pies I made for National Pie Day last week. I've made it a couple of times with a few tweaks, and this time it turned even more delicious than last time. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
Blueberry Cream Cheese Tart
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 cup flour
2/3 cup butter, softened
Cream Cheese Filling
6 oz. low-fat cream cheese, room temperature
1 cup powdered sugar
1 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
3 1/2 cups blueberries
3/4 cup sugar
1 large egg
2 Tb. cornstarch
2 Tb. water
1 lemon, zested and juiced
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix flour, powdered sugar, and butter with fork, two knives, or a pastry cutter until fine crumbs form. Press into 10 inch tart pan with removable bottom. Be sure to press it firmly up the sides of the pan and evenly along the bottom.
3. Bake crust for 10 - 12 minutes or until barely browned. Cool completely.
4. To prepare the cream cheese filling, beat whipping cream with granulated sugar and vanilla until stiff peaks form. In separate bowl beat cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth and creamy. Fold whipped cream into cream cheese mixture. Spoon over cooled crust and spread evenly. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before topping with the blueberry topping.
5. To prepare blueberry topping, place blueberries in large saucepan over medium heat. Cook for 5 minutes or until mostly thawed. Sprinkle with sugar.
6. Dissolve cornstarch in lemon juice and water. Add beaten egg. Pour over blueberries.
7. Cook blueberry mixture for 10 - 15 minutes or until bubbly and thick. Cool completely and spread evenly over cream cheese mixture.
8. Serve immediately or refrigerate up to 2 days.