Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Homemade Salsa

In the middle of the winter I crave more fruits and vegetables more than any other time of the year, and there's not a whole lot that is in season. That's why I'm glad I discovered this salsa. I got the idea on The Sister's Dish, but wildly adapted it to my own tastes. It uses canned tomatoes, which seems a little strange for delicious salsa, but I promise you won't be disappointed. It's even more delicious than my favorite Jack's Salsa from Costco.

Homemade Salsa

1 - 2 Tb. lime juice
1 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 yellow onion
1/2 bunch fresh cilantro
1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes with green chiles
1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes with chipotle chiles
Salt & pepper to taste
cayenne pepper to taste, if desired

Put all ingredients in a food processor and blend until salsa reaches desired consistency. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Amy said...

You know what i love about this? That I can make it with canned goods. No extra trip the grocery store. No paying $2.39/lb for tomatoes that aren't even tasty. This is a good recipe for "fresh" salsa.

Valerie Griswold said...

Good point - fresh tomatoes have not been very good recently so I am going to try this out! Awesome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...