Tuesday, August 19, 2008
1/2 cup fresh lime juice
2/3 cup water
1/4 cup canola oil
2 cloves garlic, pressed
2 Tb. vinegar
1 Tb. + 1 tsp. soy sauce
1 tsp. liquid smoke
2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. chili powder (I like to use half regular and half chipotle)
1 tsp. cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1/4 tsp. onion powder
1 - 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
1 sweet yellow onion, thinly sliced
1 Tb. canola oil
1 tsp. soy sauce
2 Tb. water
1/2 tsp. lime juice
dash black pepper
1. Combine marinade ingredients in a gallon size ziploc bag. Add chicken. Marinade for at least 2 hours, but preferably overnight.
2. Grill meat until juice run through. Let sit for 5 minutes and slice in 1/4 inch strips.
3. Heat 1 Tb. canola oil in large pan over medium heat. Add onion and peppers and cook for 5 minutes, until lightly browned and translucent.
4. Add 1 tsp. soy sauce, 2 Tb. water, 1/2 tsp lime juice, and a dash each of salt and pepper. Cook until crisp-tender. Add grilled chicken and cook until heated through.
5. Serve with salsa, cheese, sour cream, and guacamole on tortillas.