Sunday, November 2, 2008

BBQ Chicken Pizza


There's just something so wonderful about BBQ chicken pizza that it makes me happy just thinking about it (then again, it is fast Sunday and I'm starving, so maybe that has something to do with it...). The combination of smoky BBQ sauce, chicken, cheese, and veggies is so delicious that I could eat it once a week for the rest of my life and be completely satisfied. The beauty of this pizza is that you can adjust it to what your family likes. Don't like mushrooms? Substitute olives or tomatoes. Don't like gouda? Leave it out and just use mozzarella. I make homemade pizza dough when I make it, and I usually roll the crust quite thick. However, you can use refrigerated pizza dough (a la Pillsbury), Rhodes roll dough, or even a Boboli crust if you want to. We also make it into individual pizzas on pitas and cook them in the toaster oven for a quick and tasty meal!


BBQ Chicken Pizza

Dough for one 14" pizza
3/4 - 1 cup Bull's Eye BBQ sauce, original or hickory smoke (Don't substitute another brand, it won't be nearly as good. Trust me)
3 cups cheese (I like to use mostly mozzarella with a little cheddar and a little smoked gouda)
1/2 lb. chicken, cooked and cubed
4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
5 - 6 mushrooms, sliced
1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
3 green onions, sliced (optional)
1/4 cup chopped cilantro (optional)

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Spray pizza pan with pam and sprinkle with garlic salt. Roll pizza dough onto pan, making sure crust is even. Spread BBQ sauce evenly over crust. Top with chicken, bacon, mushrooms, and red onion. Sprinkle with cheese. Sprinkle with green onion and cilantro, if desired.
3. Bake about 20 minutes, or until cheese on top is slightly browned and crust is cooked through and brown on the bottom. Let stand 5 minutes and cut into slices.

2 comments:

priscilla joy said...

yummy, these looks so delicious!

Jeni said...

Kay, I love this food blog! It's so beautiful- what an inspiration. I think we might be kindred spirits when it comes to cooking :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...